Thursday 8 November 2012

Why Do I Believe


I believe because the order in nature suggests that there is a Creator who is not part of nature himself, and whom we can only come to know if He reveals Himself to us.
I believe in Christ’s revelation in its totality, because it contains all necessary explanations and guidance.
I believe in all the small details of Christ’s revelation, because each and every one of them is in itself reason enough to believe.

I believe in Jesus Christ,
·         because He has redeemed me and because after my death I will be in God’s eternal glory. I could not live without this certainty.

·         because He is present in the Holy Sacrament and comes to me. It is only there that I find the necessary strength to live.

·         because He gives us rules and standards which I need to live my life.

·         because He is a person to whom I can pray with the greatest confidence. Only there do I find orientation in my life.

·         because he is the divine Love, which is the source of all love. Without this love I could not find fulfilment in my life.

I don’t keep for myself the love that comes to me from God. I must be like a mirror reflecting God’s love. This is not happening externally, but inside me. I can only pass on God’s love if I am not sullied inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment